Friday, May 10, 2013

Parenting From the Overflow

On the Polishing Rubies Facebook Page, I asked you moms to tell me some subjects you would like to be encouraged or educated in.

Two of the subjects that were mentioned were learning to set an example to our children of being still before the Lord, and developing the fruit of the Spirit in our little ones (in which example also plays a big part.) 

I thought on and prayed about your comments yesterday, and I am excited to share a devotional that I came across this morning that I think is going touch on both of these topics, as well as give us an opportunity to interact with one another a bit.



The devotional Parenting From the Overflow by Terri Lynne Underwood is FREE right now on Amazon (prices can change at any point, so make sure you check the price before you click)

If you don't have a Kindle, that's okay! I don't either!  I read my Amazon books from Kindle apps off of my iphone or computer.

If you'd like to join with me in reading this devotional and some discussion both here on the Polishing Rubies blog and on the Polishing Rubies Facebook Page, first email me to let me know you are on board, then go download your book and read the Introduction and the chapter "Parenting from the Overflow" over the weekend.  On Monday we will start with "Overflowing Love."

We need to lead our daughters by example, and living our lives with an overflow of the Holy Spirit and godliness is so important, and I know for me, it's an area I need improved in my life.  Too often when my "cup gets tipped" I don't like what comes out of it.  I am constantly praying for help in this area.

So I hope you'll join me!  I'm excited about this!

- Johnna

No comments:

Post a Comment