Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Precious Rubies, Unrefined

I am an heiress to quite a treasure; three little rubies.

To the ordinary persons eye, they may look somewhat common, rough around the edges, pretty, even, to some, but probably not seen for the treasure that they potentially are.  They are precious rubies, unrefined.

It is my great privilege and responsibility to be the primary one to shape and refine these little rubies... my beautiful precious daughters.

Psalm 127:3 says, "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward."

Having once been told that I may not be able to bear children, this verse takes on deep meaning to me.  I am so blessed to now have not one, not two, but three children.  And God has seen fit to give me not one, not two, but three daughters at that!



So to say that I have a passion for raising up women after God's heart is an understatement.  It is my greatest calling, and while I myself am still a "ruby in refinement," I pray that God will give me the grace and wisdom I need to raise three gleaming, Proverbs 31, precious ruby-women in this world.

It is here that I will share my journey with you, the great, often fun, and sometimes challenging calling of raising little girls up to be lovely, godly women.  I by no means am the authority on the subject.  Every day I find myself praying hard for God's help and wisdom, but I hope to encourage other moms of girls as well as I am learning and investing in my own daughters.

Please feel free to follow, share and comment.  Obviously I'm just beginning to build the page, but there will be more to come and I'd love to have you share this journey with me.

"A daughter is the happy memories of the past, 
the joyful moments of the present, 
and the hope and promise of the future."
 ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment